Project 365 ~ Manual Mode


Day 32 ~ 39


I am hanging out in manual mode and spending the next few days capturing close up shots of Nick's shoe! I think I feel more comfortable with having a theme as opposed to sharing random photographs. Edge plus one, ya know!

I was lying on the ground trying to get the best vantage point for the image I wanted to create. My crazy dog came to investigate and then started licking my ear. The interruption was delightful (not the wet icky tongue!) and a good reminder to enjoy life and have a laugh. Yes, I know there is a little back box in the corner! :-)


If you think this one is boring... you should have seen the others!


I am loving a focused foreground with a blurry background.


Another image showing shallow depth of field.
If you are wondering why I left a little bit of shoe out of the image,
go check out the The Gestalt Principles


I thought it was time to bring in some colour. 
Having a lot of fun playing around with aperture and shutter speed. 
Am slowly coming to grips with marrying the two!


Hey, guess what? I took the day off! I made a plan for Nick and then went out for lunch with two 
dear friends. Had a fabulous time, although lost all enthusiasm for today's photo challenge. 
I am so over this shoe!


Took the boys out for a milkshake and captured this image of my first born. 
Way more interesting than a boring shoe! :)


Shoe + rope + slight breeze = great opportunity to practice with my shutter speed!



Have a fabulous weekend!


9 comments:

  1. Your first born is very photogenic! But so is the shoe: I like the second shot the best xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Blue Sky. Thanks also for following my photo journey, not very exciting I am afraid! :-)

      Delete
  2. Shoes are mysterious things. I occasionally see a lonely shoe along the road. How does one lose one shoe? Your son is the focal point, of course. He looks very relaxed. You must have had a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Antti, I always wonder about stray shoes as well. My son does look very relaxed, considering that he is in the middle of writing finals at the moment! :) Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  3. love these pictures- your son is so handsome - how could he not be with such a pretty mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Handsome young man. And love your FOD in the first few pictures. What I always wonder about are those pairs of shoes over wires in the air. What is that all about?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, cat.... I also wonder about those shoes, although I haven't seen any for a while now. Thanks for stopping by. x

      Delete
  5. I love the fourth shoe shot the best, but the camera loves your son! Nice to know you have a lovely clean ear now too XXX

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. x