Cheerfully hopping along....



Let's face it, even though my life is pretty good... every now and then I feel a little bit sad. That's real life, right? 

Anyhow, I took some time this evening to catch up on some of the blogs that I follow. With perfect timing I happened upon one that is written by a friend, Looking for Blue Sky. Her latest post is part of a blog hop. Huh, you may ask.... what is a blog hop? To be honest, I am a bit of a novice at this, therefore I am just going to follow my friend and hope for the best! 

Thanks go to 'Looking for Blue Sky' for putting a smile on my face and for encouraging me to focus on...............

THREE REASONS TO BE CHEERFUL!

#1  A large part of my life involves caring for my child/teenager who has special needs. Because of Nick, I have a wide circle of friends who walk the same path as me. We are there for each other and *get* the highs, lows and in-betweens that we experience with our children. Today, two friends brightened my day. We (as in.. me, the hub's and our two boys) spent the morning with one of them and her family, chatting over cappuccinos and home-made Banana Bread. The other friend dropped in unexpectedly to say "hi" and to bring a gift of the most luscious looking chocolate and caramel muffins. (My thighs are not happy!).

#2  I am so thankful for my friends who don't live with the issues that I experience on a daily basis. They may not realise what my day to day life is like, however, they are always thoughtful, kind and very supportive. They pull me (figuratively speaking) back out into the regular world and remind me that life doesn't have to be all about special needs. I feel extremely cheered after attending such a fun party last night. Tired but happy!

#3  My third reason puts a big smile on my face. It is Monday tomorrow.... and do you know what that means? The kids go to SCHOOL and I get to have four glorious hours all to myself, to do what I want to do without being harassed by my children! (Bad mum!!).

Have a great week! 


8 comments:

  1. Chocolate and caramel muffins, mmmmh :) Lovely reasons to be cheerful :) Enjoy tomorrow x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very yummy, although I am going to have to do some serious walking to burn off the calories!! Thanks for your help. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not bad Mum at all, time to ourselves is so important. Lovely to have you join in, if you fancy linking up again do so on a Thursday (if it suits!) and you'll find some lovely people will come reading and commenting.

    Have a great week, Mich x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mich. I really like your idea of highlighting cheerful moments and it fits in with my bright side theme. Take care... and see you on Thursday! :)

      Delete
  4. Friends do make our world go round, don't they?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely reasons to be cheerful....and you're definitely not a bad mum! I'd be worried if you didn't feel like that when your kids go to school!

    xx Jazzy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jazzy, thanks for stopping by. Yes, I am certainly not one of those mum's who dread their kids going to school. ;)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. x