Taking Stock ~ all about my February!

Eish, February is nearly over! Not that it matters because I am counting down the days until my BIG adventure AND it doesn't involve the husband or kids!  You heard me right. I am heading out of town. In fact, I am heading out of the country and I will be away for THREE WHOLE WEEKS!

Am I bothered that I am leaving behind my nearest and dearest? In all honesty, NO! :-)

You know that age old saying about the oxygen mask? Well, this girl is taking a much needed break and for once is putting herself first.  I am heading home to spend my *big* Birthday with my Mum, three sisters and some of their offspring. No responsibilities, no worries, no stresses and strains. I can't wait.

I follow a very cool blogger who lives in Sydney, although she originates from New Zealand. Go Kiwi girl! Her latest blog post is all about taking stock, looking back at happenings, feelings and thoughts for January 2014. Now, Jan has been and gone; and in my mind, forgotten. Therefore, I choose to do a recap of February.  *Note: If it wasn't for the fact that I am on standby for collecting my teen from a night out on the town, I probably wouldn't be writing this blog post as I would be fast asleep and gently snoring!


Thankfully, Kimba provided a very handy list in order to *take stock*.  Here goes.....

Making lists and then losing them again. Will I ever be organised enough to walk out of the door, knowing that for three weeks my family are going to have to fend for themselves. Note to self: Let it go!



Cooking up a storm and made the most delicious Banana Bread for the school lunch boxes. Left it cooling on the counter and unfortunately the dog found it. Bye bye Banana Bread. Hello Woolworths.


Drinking has featured a bit during the month of February. Due to being on a bit of a weight loss plan I gave up my Rum & Coke and started drinking Sauvignon Blanc. Oops, also enjoying a bit of Champagne here and there.



Reading is sporadic and I tend to reserve it for that last half an hour before turning off my bedside lamp. For the month of February I decided to choose a book that was light and silly. To be honest, it was rubbish although it did put me to sleep... which was a good thing!


Wanting to be a carefree mum without any drama's just doesn't happen in my house. I won't lie, it has been an exceptionally hard month. The thought of my impending trip has kept me going.... and going... and going...


Looking thinner has been on my mind over the last few months, therefore I took up gym and cut out carbs and sweet stuff. February has seen me working exceptionally hard at the gym and I am so chuffed with myself that I can now do a one minute plank.


Playing online Scrabble is generally a part of my day. I find it to be a switch off, my one little tool to take my mind off any worries and just focus on creating words. Of course I don't cheat!!!



Deciding that I need to have some sort of hobby has really made me think about my role as a mother. Raising an autistic child is all consuming and long term. In order to live life to the full, I also need something for *me*.

Wishing that life was a little bit easier, but hey ho, suck it up and move on......

Enjoying time away with my husband and friends is magic ~ and it involved wine! :-)



Waiting at home (and trying hard to stay awake) for my teen to phone me. I am happy be the taxi mum and I will collect him from wherever he may be. Mind you, I have told him no later than midnight, please!

Liking the fact that my dog is here keeping me company. *Photo taken earlier today.


Wondering how my husband is going to do in his marathon tomorrow. He has an early start of 3am, hence the reason I am taxi mum! Also wondering if he is going to wake me when he leaves!

Loving the fact that I only have 33 sleeps until I get on my plane!

Pondering over the weather in New Zealand and Sydney. Is it going to be warm, cool or cold? This girl doesn't have any clothes for a colder climate.



Considering the fact that I am nearly fifty, I shouldn't be so irritated that my hair is turning grey. But I am! Fake blond all the way......



Watching my boys grow like bean sprouts, too funny that they both tower over me. My gorgeous kids.

Hoping that I get to have a little sleep-in tomorrow, even if it is just until 6am.  Please, please.

Marveling that my Nick just continues to progress. For a boy on the more severe end of the spectrum he is doing SO well.



Needing some chocolate. Now!

Smelling Issey Miyake always puts me in a good mood. My favorite scent.



Wearing Gap jeans, a Country Road t-shirt and silver sandals.

Following Disco Pants blog. Seriously, it is the best blog on the planet right now. Here is the link. Follow it! THE DISCO PANTS BLOG. I pinched the header page from Susan's blog ~ sharing is caring.


Noticing that this year is flying by so fast. I blame it on Matric. I was told last year that Grade 11 is far busier than Grade 12. Bullshit. Suit for Matric Dance, tick!


Knowing what I do and the experience I have gained over the years makes me an authority on autism ~ in our house! :)

Thinking about life in general.

Feeling very tired. This taxi mum stuff is for the birds. I am so fickle!

Admiring the confidence of the teens who are out on the town tonight. What fun to be young and carefree.

Sorting out my wardrobe and having a HUGE throw out. Be gone old and boring clothes. Why oh why do I hoard my stuff?



Buying gifts for my family back in New Zealand. Help, what to buy for four teenage girls? What do you think of these? Too twee?



Getting very excited about my forthcoming trip. Can't quite believe that I am going to be Jo Malone!

Bookmarking significant achievements. For the first time ever, the dentist was able to get into Nick's mouth and clean off the plaque, do a visual check for decay and also a give his front teeth a quick brush. I am one happy Mum.



Disliking that my first born is leaving home next year. Bittersweet.

Opening my eyes to the fact that we are all heading towards a new chapter in our lives. Moving forward.

Giggling will be happening tomorrow, I am sure! Smiling over my list ~ I actually enjoyed putting it together. Thanks for taking the time to read through my post. xx


For ease of reference you will find the list below. Something to think about. :)

Making:
Cooking:
Drinking:
Reading:
Wanting:
Looking:
Playing:
Deciding:
Wishing:
Enjoying:
Waiting:
Liking:
Wondering:
Loving:
Pondering:
Considering:
Watching:
Hoping:
Marvelling:
Needing:
Smelling:
Wearing:
Following:
Noticing:
Knowing:
Thinking:
Feeling:
Admiring:
Sorting:
Buying:
Getting:
Bookmarking:
Disliking:
Opening:
Giggling:



14 comments:

  1. I don't know how you do it! I wish you a fantastic break <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Dana. I just keep moving forward, one slow step at a time. I also take breaks to keep myself refreshed, although my forthcoming trip will be my biggest break ever! :-)

      Delete
  2. What a fantastic way to sum up a month, and so much to report too! Wishing you a wonderful trip, a very Happy Birthday, and not too many worries about your lovely blond hair. Super plank too, very impressive xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Blue Sky, isn't it great? Thanks go to Kimba for the list. It is a good one, although I didn't realise that it would take so long to compile! Thank you so much for all your lovely wishes. xx

      Delete
  3. Thais was a fun and interesting read! Go you and your one minute Plank! Not easy and you're looking FAB. Hope you have a wonderful trip and enjoy your big.birthday celebrations.

    ANY blog with the word 'Disco' in it deserves a look!!

    xx Jazzy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jazzy, the post is certainly very different from what I usually write. I enjoyed putting it together, although it took an age! Thanks for your lovely wishes, am so looking forward to traveling and having some serious *me* time. Hope you like the Disco blog, it will certainly give you some insight into our country! xx

      Delete
  4. A great list & enjoyed this glimpse of another nearly 50's life:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, tinksaid. Oh the joys of being nearly 50! :-)

      Delete
  5. Wow! That was a month and a half. You should definitely be wearing your pants on the outside as there seems to be a bit of the SuperMum going on XXX

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jean, you are so right. Now that I look back, February was such a busy month! March is heading in the same direction and I am starting to stress. I need those pants although I can't seem to find them at the mo! Have a lovely weekend. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your FEBRUARY musing!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this! And have a great great break - heaven some time alone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cat. Not long to go now!! The mother guilt is starting to kick in! :-)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. x