#R2BC ~ making lemonade!



There is nothing like a little bit of respite to get the old mojo back. Raising a child with special needs is not an easy road. We all know that. No matter how much we adore our precious kids, whether they be tiny tots, moody tweens or spotty young adults...... sometimes we need a break.

We have just been on an overseas trip with friends. It was a wonderful experience and we had a lot of fun together. I ate a lot, drank more than I normally do and had copious amounts of exercise every day.

When life gives you lemons

make lemonade!


It helped tremendously to know that Nick was being well looked after at home and that he was happy with his lot in life. Oh of course 'Mother Guilt' raised her head, although she was banished as soon as I set my foot on the first plane!

Having the time away replenished my reserves. I came back feeling lighter and ready to take on regular life again. Time out is highly recommended!

Onward and upward.......


Ojos World





10 comments:

  1. So glad you had such a wonderful break!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you had a good break and managed to banish mother guilt xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Blue Sky. Away with you, Mother Guilt. Smack! :-)

      Delete
  3. I too am glad that you enjoyed your well-deserved break. You need to replenish your resources to be better able to help Nick! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jazzy. I love my time away, it's great to be a grownup without any responsibilities every now and then.

      Delete
  4. So glad you got some rest, and fun. I am counting down to the BritMums live conference, in June. That will be my respite, the mister is coming, to enjoy a break too xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jo. Your conference sounds like a blast. I look forward to hearing all about it. x

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. x