A state of being!

Quick post!!!

We all know that having a child with autism doesn't make for a nice easy life.  I will also be the first to admit that if a magical cure were to appear I wouldn't sit back and say "this is my boy and I wouldn't change him for the world".  Bugger that (just had to use Zoe's word), I would be there like a shot!!  I look at my friends and their kids and really desire the normality of their life.

BUT, BUT, BUT.....................


as yet there is no magical cure so I have had to pull up my socks and get on with living.  I have decided to take the positive approach rather than "oh, my life sucks approach".  Sure, Nick has his problems and his life long care is a major concern, (although not one I care to dwell on at the moment!!).

BUT, BUT, BUT...................


he is what he is and THAT'S LIFE!

1 comment:

  1. When I attended the Naval Academy, one of the upperclassmen delivered a memorable line that describes the journey with autism, "Suck it up and go with it because that's the way it's going be . . ."

    Of course, it's easier to go with it when you are trying to be proactive and not dwell on what might have been.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. x